Every year for Valentine's Day the kids have to bring in something for their class party. This year I decided to do something a little bit different. Zachary really wanted airplanes and Kyra really wanted butterflies. So I took to the internet in search of some fun ideas. We then decided on our favorites that I would make.
Believe it or not, it was difficult to find pixie sticks to do Kyra's butterflies, so we ended up at Sam's Club getting the giant ones. They were the only ones that I could find in town so we went with it. After what seems like days, I finally had all of the layers cut out for the wings and the hearts that went with. I used glue dots to stick the wings together and attach them to the pixie stick. Then came attaching all of the little hearts and the antennas. Once we were through with those, we just attached a little baggy with each child's name on it and put a standard valentine inside.

We knew that Zachary's were going to be something that he could have fun and play with. These little airplanes were the best fit for him. The only things needed for this were sticks of gum, lifesavers, rubberbands, and smarties candies. I just took the ruberband and looped it through the lifesaver, then put a stick of gum in through the loops. Then I put the smarties candies in the center of the lifesavers and gum. It was so simple and ended up really cute. The airplane was put inside of a little baggy with a standard valentine.

The kids just loved that that got to customize their valentines this year and I loved being able to put a smile on their face with them. Now we just have to wait and see what is in store for next year....... ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment